FIRE RETARDANT BLACK
- Titanium metal plate for added protection
- Ballistic plate to be inserted into NOBL (No-Blast-Vest)
- One size fits all
- Composite construction - ARAMID + Cordura
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 02/03/2020
The Concept is to protect the upper torso of the rider from blast effects should a motor explode during a run down the Dragway track. Protection is from both shock waves of energy from the explosion and flying bits of motor that can be as deadly as shrapnel.
Protection is from 12 layers of Kevlar® folded tightly together and stitched using a quilting pattern. This is sandwiched by two sets of 1000 Denier Cordura, one of 8 layers and one of 9 layers. In total there are 29 layers of material in 3 packed layers. The strength and energy absorbing characteristics of each pack are enhanced by dense 1 diamond quilting...
This is not a bulletproof item... but Vanson's Matt Silva did a test with a 9mm and a .357 magnum... in both cases the bullet was stopped, completely absorbed and buried in the layers...
The Ballistic Plate is constructed for protection and slips into its own Cordura carry pouch. For even more protection the front of the pouch will also accept the optional Titanium metal plate see Style TP01. The Ballistic Plate is designed to fit inside a jacket, behind the main zipper, to be an easy on and off protection item. Convenience 24/7... 24 layer protection, 7 days a week... no problem.
DuPont™ and Kevlar® are trademarks or registered trademarks of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company.
- NO-BLAST-PLATE is actually a sewn together laminate of textile materials
- that measure approx. 8.5 inches Wide x 10 Long. The plate is sized to fit
- directly over the heart and lungs. The plate sits in a Cordura pouch of
- roughly the same dimensions. The plate can be further enhanced using the
- TP01 Titanium Metal Plate.
We are currently compiling our list of testimonials. We should have these posted soon.