ARAMID strap + Kevlar thread
- ARAMID Carburetor safety strap for racing drag bikes
- Blow-back carb safety (hold-on) straps for drag-bikes
- One size fits all
- ARAMID fire-resistant webbing
- Brass hardware
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 02/03/2020
Kevlar® 1? Webbing is one of the lightest and strongest webbings available. It has a 2000 pound pound breaking strength and weighs just 3.3 grams per foot.
It has almost no stretch and doesnt absorb much water. This makes it ideal for anti-blast straps to hold carbs onto a backfiring dragbike. This webbing is extremely resistant to friction and heat and only starts to decompose at 800 degrees Fahrenheit.
Kevlar® thread is used to provide maximum strength in every area of these safety straps.
Kevlar® is effected by UV light and after 450 hours of direct sunlight it can turn brown and lose up to 50% of its breaking strength. This is important to note and this product is not ideal to be used on a permanent outdoor basis that would be receiving a lot of UV exposure from sunlight. Made in the USA
DuPont™ and Kevlar® are trademarks or registered trademarks of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company.
- Set of 3 straps = designed to hold the carburator on intake manifold in the
- event of a BACKFIRE.. Used for Drag Racing
- 2 straps have D-Ring pairs for holding the center-strap to frame/manifold.
- Center strap is meant to capture the carburetor set. D-Ring sets on the
- frame loop short straps allow for adjustability.