BLACK COMPETITION WEIGHT
- Thunder Days jacket with detail top-stitching
- Snap-close mandarin collar
- Assorted racing patches stitched to jacket
- Embroidered Vanson Oval
- Racing stripes on sleeves
- Chrome hardware
- 1 Interior lining open-top wallet pocket
- Competition weight steerhide
- 2 Zip-close exterior hand pockets
- Leather windflap
Warning: Last items in stock!
If you thrill to the thunder of big V8s, if you love stock-car racing - or just wish you were the kind of person who does - this jacket might be for you.
If - no matter what your politics - you keep on turning left wherever you want to go, and if you'd really like to own a coon-hound... this jacket's for you.
If you've seen "Days of Thunder" - admittedly a bit of a cult movie - and now think it might not be so terrible to be pulled over by the 'Highway Patrol' - this jacket's definitely for you.
While our Wolverine jacket (q.v.) is absolutely identical to the one we made for Hugh Jackman to wear in the eponymous movie, with this coat we had to make some slight changes. To keep it legal and affordable for those of us who are not (yet) Hollywood stars.
Our TC jacket is the civilian version of the jacket worn by Tom Cruise, who plays Cole Trickle (a character apparently based on the er - hard-living - driver Tim Richmond, but likely named after Dick Trickle, whose name could not be used) in the 1989-90 film.
Underneath all the brand names and logos you have a classic, solid, competition-weight Speedway-style jacket, with two outside zipped pockets and one inside leather patch pocket. Protection as well as style.
- Size 42 - Chest measures 47.5 inches - 5.5 inches ease around the chest.
- Back length is 21.5 --Front 18 --Sleeves are 34 Nape of neck to Wrist.
- Bottom circumference sweep-beltline 37 inches.
- These jackets are flat track style jackets cut to just BELLOW BELTLINE
- These jackets follow classic race suit design.
- Download the SIZING GUIDE CHART