VANSON STAR JACKET
BLACK + RED COMPETITION LEA.
- Iconic Vanson original Star Racing jacket
- Competition double leather inside shoulders + sleeve caps
- Beaded leather collar
- Embroidered Vanson Oval
- Racing stripes on sleeves
- Brass hardware
- 2 Interior open-top wallet pockets
- Competition weight steerhide
- Tri-tone color styling
- Black rayon lining
- STREAMLINER snaps for streamliner vest attachment
- Windtight low-bulk zip close sleeves
- 2 Rear zip-close exhaust vents
- Underarm ventilation grommets
- Leather windflap with license pocket
Warning: Last items in stock!
The VANSON STAR JACKET is the top part of a two-piece suit for American-Flat-Track racing.
Racing flat track is one of the most exciting motorcycle racing art forms, with roots going back over 100 years. Even early machines could get going pretty fast. Stopping was a different story. . . . that evolved over time. Board racing, Wall of Death events, beach racing, and racing on dirt tracks are all early variations of the flat track sport. Dirt tracks for harness racing were common at fairgrounds throughout America. So, what could be more natural than substituting a motorcycle for a horse and having a race? Of the many old forms of racing, flat track continues in more or less the same form.
Some things change; today the bikes are tremendously more powerful and faster, speeds of 100+ mph are normal. Some things stay the same; no front brakes, on dirt, handlebars touching, sliding around with a foot down on the track for balance... with a steel shoe on your boot to keep the sole from ripping off. Some people call this an unnecessary risk. We think of it as being heroic in a mundane world.
- Size 42 - Chest measures 48 inches -------6 inches ease around the chest.
- Back length is 24 --Front 20 --Sleeves are 35 Nape of neck to Wrist.
- Bottom circumference sweep is 40.5 inches.
- These jackets are flat track style jackets cut bellow beltline.
- These jackets follow classic race suit design.
- Download the Fit Chart
We are currently compiling our list of testimonials. We should have these posted soon.