BLACK COMPETITION WEIGHT
- Second Vanson jacket model made in 1975 with quilt lining
- Bi-Swing action back for greater movement
- Solid brass side buckles
- Snap-back mandarin collar
- Brass hardware
- 1 Interior lining open-top wallet pocket
- Black quilt lining
- Full leather inside facings
- STREAMLINER snaps for streamliner vest attachment
- 1 Zip-close exterior chest pocket
- 2 Zip-close exterior hand pockets
- Underarm gusset for enhanced movement
- Windtight low-bulk zip close sleeves
- Leather windflap
Warning: Last items in stock!
We had already developed the Model B from the popular AZ2 series and were getting plenty of positive feedback.
But then some people felt that a simple plain quilted lining would be more convenient than a removable zip-in-zip-out liner. And that by continuing the quilt down the sleeves as well, the coat would be a little warmer. People loved all the pockets and comfort features of the B series, so we created the Vanson Model D by incorporating a full sewn-in lining using insulating, non-bulky 4 oz. poly-fil quilt.
The Model D is the quintessential classic leather motorcycle jacket. Wear it with a T-shirt, wear it with a tie... either way, it looks great and has a comfortable relaxed fit. Side belts with solid brass buckles taper the waist for comfort while accentuating the broad-shouldered cut. A generous map pocket secured to a full leather inside facing, sleeves with low-bulk wrist-zipper gussets, and a full leather windflap... this hand-built jacket exudes versatility. The Vanson Model D will also accept the Vanson Streamliner snap-in vest for even more warmth on the coldest days.
- Size 42 ---Chest measures 48.5 inches ----Normal ease is 6.5 inches.
- Back length is 25.5 - Front 22.5 Sleeves are 35.5 Nape of neck to Wrist.
- Bottom circumference sweep is 44 inches.
- These jackets are classic American fit and style:.
- Meant to fall between beltline and hips.
- The D has a full quilt lining - body + sleeves. Quilt linings are a little
- more bulky than a standard rayon lining.
- Download the Fit Chart
We are currently compiling our list of testimonials. We should have these posted soon.