BLACK COMPETITION WEIGHT
- CHP leather motorcycle jacket diamond-quilt yoke
- Western style Chips jacket with detail quilting top-stitch
- Bi-Swing action back for greater movement
- Side laces with black grommets
- Snap-close belt loops
- Quilted leather detail in elbows shoulder and yoke
- Slant front zipper
- Brass zippers with black snap caps
- 1 Interior lining open-top wallet pocket
- Concealed Carry - CCW - Pocket
- Leather-lined inside gun pocket
- Competition weight steerhide
- Black rayon lining
- 2 Zip-close exterior hand pockets
- ID key fob embossed with garment unit-number for reference
- Windtight low-bulk zip close sleeves
- Black capped snaps with brass socket stud and post
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 02/03/2020
The distinctive quilting on the shoulder and elbow areas reflects the heritage of this design from the Pacific Northwest. Police departments in Washington and Oregon added this feature for extra protection to the original California Highway Patrol design favored in Sacramento. The Colorado also incorporates a concealed carry (CCW) leather lined gun pocket.
We use a double layer of military-derived ballistic nylon spacer fabric under the quilted area - this resists compression, giving additional padding and energy-absorption. It offers little resistance to airflow so when the front lapels are opened cooling air flows through the quilted areas, making this jacket more comfortable in warm weather. When the front is zipped up, and the lapels are closed, the quilted areas become an insulating “dead air” space which keeps the rider warmer in winter. Performance and protection in one streamlined package.
The cut of the CHQ2 – COLORADO Jacket is very much a period piece. During WW2 Patton, Bradley, Eisenhower and their officers wore waist length “Tanker Jackets” - a look which became very popular after the Allied Victory.
After WW2 Highway Patrol Departments in the western states evolved an unmistakable style for their motor patrols. Practical considerations drove these developments. Zippered fronts had recently become more common instead of buttons and hooks. The front was shortened so contact with the thighs would not push the jacket up into the rider's throat A moderately-dipped back was added to support the kidney area and help seal out the wind. To keep the freedom of a full-blouson upper-torso cut with wind-tight snug waist, we used traditional leather lacing with a gusset.
So when you have a Colorado jacket in your hands you can feel the resonance of Patton and his generals, enjoy the beauty of the details and the cut, and sense the pride of the CHP; with the unparalleled quality and craftsmanship that can only be a Vanson. Simple lines, functional details, long-lasting durability inside and out.
- Size MED-(SZ 42 Chest measures 47.5 inches...NORM FIT (5.5 of chest ease)
- Back length is 27.5 -- Front 21.5 -- Sleeves are 35 Nape of neck to Wrist.
- Jacket is meant to cover the beltline - tha lower back waistband is dipped
- to securely cover the lower back and beltline.
- Bottom circumference sweep is 39 with closed lacing to 43 with open lacing.
- Download the Fit Chart
We are currently compiling our list of testimonials. We should have these posted soon.