MK2 CHALLENGER SPORTRIDER
BLACK COMPETITION WEIGHT
- Original leather motorcycle jacket with controllable vents
- Street-wise SportRider jacket - Fully adjustable + vented
- Backpad optional - will accept optional backpad
- CE approved F.A.S. armor at shoulder + elbow
- Competition double leather at shoulders and elbows
- Adjustable Cobra waistband using velcro pull-through tabs
- Leather lined collar
- Velcro-close mandarin collar
- 3-way zipper attachment system for Vanson jackets + pants
- 2 Interior zip-close secure wallet pockets
- ProPerf and competition weight steerhide
- STREAMLINER snaps for streamliner vest attachment
- Ventilated mesh lining
- Long leather zipper-pull
- ID key fob embossed with garment unit-number for reference
- Windtight low-bulk zip close sleeves
- Black snaps - all parts
- Avenger vent - external fold-down flaps for venting
- Patented RamAir sleeve vent system
- Leather windflap with license pocket
- Black oxidized metal zippers
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 02/03/2020
Comfort + Innovation = Confidence + Concentration
= Safety + Speed
= No Compromises
Using the CSR2 SportRider jacket as a base we developed the CHALLENGER jacket focusing on the Avenger-style venting system, with opening vents on the outside front of the jacket.
The CSR2 is the basic chassis on which the Vanson SportRider family of jackets is built – trim, ergonomic, and with direct lineage from the racetrack. Sleeves biased and rotated slightly forward. Wrist zippers along the inseam, with a competition-racing-suit-style gusset. Competition license holder on the front windflap. Twin rear exit vents and RAM Air Sleeve vents give you cooling airflow for maximum comfort on the hottest days. The patented RAM Air Sleeve Vent System makes the outer shell an air scoop around the inner elbow, while the underlying structure prevents the sleeves from ballooning. The three-piece waistband adjusts with leather and Velcro tabs at the sides, and the inner waistband is soft suede to grip your torso. All SportRider jackets feature the three-piece Opti-panel zip-to-pants system, allowing the jacket to be mixed and matched with any SportRider pants - ideal for track days, or fast European-style touring.
Internal shaped leather patches reinforce the shell at the elbows and shoulders, where additional protection comes from the patented Vanson Floating Armor System. This system mounts the CE-approved armor in a Velcro and elastic harness, allowing controlled movement inside the leather shell, with the optional back-pad suspended from Velcro hangers stitched into the sides of the shoulder seams like backpack straps. Translation: protective armor stays in place while you can comfortably move without being restricted by the jacket and armor.
The conceptual brief for this project has always been that the armor must be retained in the correct position, regardless of the attitude, altitude and speed of the rider. In practice this means that the garment has to fit properly (snugly) and not expand when, for example, vents are opened. The armor has to be imperceptible to the rider, so the rider can move; it has to have a little give, which is why we designed the patented Floating Armor System. When the ventilation is active, the airflow mustn't distort the size and the shape of the garment.
All these are lessons that came out of hard-won roadrace experience.
From competition racing suits to the MANX to the SRX to the CSRX to today's MK2-CSRX...the Vanson series of SportRider jackets have a single mission: Performance without compromise. Each handmade jacket is built to one simple standard: being the best there is, period.
Available in men's and women's sizes.
- Size 42 Chest measurement 47.5.... Ease 5.5 inches
- Nape of neck to wrist 34.5 inches
- Back Length to bottom of waistband 25 ....Front length 18.75
- Bottom waistband circumference is adjustable from 35 to 39 inches at sides.
- Floating armor in the Shoulders
- standard. Wrist zipper is on the inseam. 3-zip pants attachment system
- is also standard.
- pre-curved for the riding position. Front length may seem short when
- standing upright - but should fall just at top of legs when in the riding
- Download the Fit Chart
We are currently compiling our list of testimonials. We should have these posted soon.