VANSON ANNIVERSARY JACKET
ZIRCONIAN SMOOTH BLACK LEATHE
- Slim fitting casual motorcycle leather riding jacket
- 1974 Vanson Leathers founding year commemorative jacket
- Full length action back
- Leather lined collar
- Snap collar
- 74 - Founding year of Vanson Leathers
- VANSON leather logo lettering
- Chrome hardware
- 1 Interior lining zip-close secure wallet pocket
- Black rayon lining
- Full leather inside facings
- 2 Zip-close chest pockets
- ID key fob embossed with garment unit-number for reference
- Underarm gusset for enhanced movement
- Windtight low-bulk zip close sleeves
- Underarm ventilation grommets
- Leather windflap
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 02/03/2020
The VANSON ANNIVERSARY JACKET is a Flashback to 1974. Watergate. Senator Sam Ervin was holding hearings in Congress. “Deep Throat” was still an unknown person. Ronald Reagan was the governor of California. That August, Richard Nixon resigned the Presidency. Gerald Ford was sworn in as the new President. That October, two long-time friends put their family names together and started a company in Boston, Massachusetts. That was the beginning of the Vanson story.
Forty years later, the VANSON ANNIVERSARY JACKET was created. This mens jacket is a look-back to those long-ago years when new motorcycles leaked oil on the dealers’ showroom floors and that was accepted. Many dealerships had baking pans filled with kitty litter under the new bikes on the floor, just in case. AJS Stormer motorcycles were supplied new with a spare piston - because they knew you were going to need it, even if you did not think so. The point is that products of that time were vastly different in design, fit and finish to those of today.
To build the VANSON ANNIVERSARY JACKET, we started with the Continental Daytona Jacket (Style 4007) using shiny zirconian smooth black leather and then added features from the period. Faithful to the craft of the time, the VANSON ANNIVERSARY JACKET has the block cut lettering and graphics arranged in the straightforward style of the '60s and '70s Cafe Racers. So now, you can have the “ride on Monday what you raced on Sunday” look.
- Size MED-(SZ 41) Chest measures 45.5 = CONTINENTAL FIT (4 in of chest ease)
- Back length is 26inches - Front 23 Sleeves are 35.5 Nape of neck to Wrist
- CONTINENTAL FIT Bottom circumference 41.5
- Jacket is meant to cover the beltline.
- Download the Fit Chart
We are currently compiling our list of testimonials. We should have these posted soon.