LIGHTNING MK2 SPORTRIDER
BLACK SOLID+PERF COMP WEIGHT
- Controllable vent leather SportRider street jacket
- AirCurtain + RamAir venting systems with 3M reflective
- Backpad optional - will accept optional backpad
- CE approved F.A.S. armor at shoulder + elbow
- Competition double leather at shoulders and elbows
- Adjustable Cobra waistband using velcro pull-through tabs
- Leather lined collar
- Snap-back mandarin collar
- 3-way zipper attachment system for Vanson jackets + pants
- Reflective ovals for extra visibility at night
- Reflective piping for added visibilty at night
- 2 Open mesh lining pockets
- ProPerf and competition weight steerhide
- Two-tone color styling
- STREAMLINER snaps for streamliner vest attachment
- Ventilated mesh lining
- Long leather zipper-pull
- ID key fob embossed with garment unit-number for reference
- Windtight low-bulk zip close sleeves
- Black snaps - all parts
- Patented RamAir sleeve vent system
- Leather windflap with license pocket
- Black oxidized metal zippers
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 02/03/2020
Comfort + Innovation = Confidence + Concentration
= Safety + Speed
= No Compromises
You're a sportrider, you're serious, you're not into flash (at least not for its own sake). You like to fly - but prefer to do so under the radar. You keep a low profile - except that when you're riding at night you really want to be seen.
Here's the jacket we designed for you: the Lightning. It has all the ventilation features of the Cobra - adjustable air-curtain vents in front, ram-air sleeves - and all the safety features - armor-ready, 3-zip attachment to compatible pants. Where it diverges from the primal austerity of the Cobra is in its two-panel front, with a horizontal seam; we use that seam, as well as the shoulder and sleeve seams, to install 3M reflective piping, visible at night for a great distance. Add a reflective Vanson shoulder oval on each side, and more piping on the back – and you have full circumference enhanced visibility.
In keeping with its low-profile intent, it comes in black, but other colors may be ordered. Naturally it accepts the Streamliner vest.
The conceptual design brief for this project has always been that the armor is to stay in the correct position, regardless of the attitude, altitude and speed of the rider. In practice this means that the garment has to fit properly (snugly) and not expand when, for example, vents are opened.
The armor has to be imperceptible to the rider, so that the rider can move; it has to have a little give, which is why we have the patented Floating Armor System. When the ventilation is activated the airflow mustn't distort the size and shape of the garment.
All these are lessons that come out of hard-won Road Race experience.
- Size 42 Chest measurement 47.5.... Ease 5.5 inches
- Nape of neck to wrist 34.5 inches
- Back Length to bottom of waistband 25 ....Front length 18.75
- Bottom waistband circumference is adjustable from 35 to 39 inches at sides.
- Floating armor in the Shoulders
- standard. Wrist zipper is on the inseam. 3-zip pants attachment system
- is also standard.
- pre-curved for the riding position. Front length may seem short when
- standing upright - but should fall just at top of legs when in the riding
- Download the Fit Chart
We are currently compiling our list of testimonials. We should have these posted soon.