ZIP FRONT VEST + LACE SIDES
FIRENZE BLACK MEDIUM WEIGHT
- Lace side zipper front vest in traditional cut
- Side laces with brass grommets
- Zip front
- Black rayon lining
- 2 Front open hand pockets
- Brass zippers
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 04/29/2019
The first vest that Vanson ever made was a button-front Hippie-style vest - which turned out to be a great way to learn how not to build a vest. These early vests had lumps at the shoulders where the front and back were joined together, and the linings and grommets looked as though the primary production tool was an Uzi. But this is how we all learn, by doing, and by realizing that there is a lot more to a “simple” vest than meets the eye.
Vanson’s classic Zip-Front Leather Vest with lace-up sides is beautifully constructed with a man's formal dress construction in the way the backs and fronts are joined at the shoulder. Look closely and you will see that the connection points are perfectly matched and top-stitched, open and flat for a comfortable low bulk, smooth fit over the shoulder. You will also see that the sides are turned and faced evenly – so the lining is smoothly set into the vest and the brass side-lacing grommets are neatly set away from the lining in two layers of leather. Substantial square-cut rawhide laces give this formal cut vest a Western flair – and allow it to fit perfectly. Twin single-welted pockets cut into the front give a formal look to the style. Available in either competition-weight cowhide or medium-weight Firenze leather. This vest is handmade, great looking, and is equally comfortable on a bike, or out on the town.
- Vest patterns are designed with very little chest ease - about 2 inches.
- These are very snug fitting - meant to be worn over a shirt
- skin. Natural waist ease is about 4. A size 42 Vest measures 44 in the
- Chest and 41 in the waist. Back length on a size 42 is 22.5 inches.
- Back Lengths grade .25 each size- with a 1.25in. jump in length at size 48.
- Lacing is incorporated at the side seams to allow girth increases of up to
- 2 inches each side ( up to 4 inches total ).
- Download the Fit Chart
We are currently compiling our list of testimonials. We should have these posted soon.