ZIP FRONT VEST
FIRENZE BLACK MEDIUM WEIGHT
- Zipper front vest with rayon lining
- Zip front
- Black rayon lining
- 2 Front open hand pockets
- Brass zippers
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 04/29/2019
The first vest that Vanson ever made was a button-front Hippie-style vest - which turned out to be a great way to learn how not to build a vest. These early vests had lumps at the shoulders where the front and back were joined together, and the linings and grommets looked as though the primary production tool was an Uzi. But this is how we all learn, by doing, and by realizing that there is a lot more to a “simple” vest than meets the eye.
Vanson’s classic Zip-Front Leather Vest is stylishly fitted and presented in true chest sizes from 32 to 62. The Vanson vests are beautifully sewn with a man's formal dress construction in the way the backs and fronts are joined at the shoulder. Look closely and you will see that the connection points are perfectly matched and top-stitched open and flat for a comfortable, low bulk, smooth fit over the shoulders. You will also see that this vest is fully finished so the lining is smoothly set into the vest with no raw edges showing. Two front pockets, solid brass front zipper, and a lightweight rayon lining complement this classic design. Available in either competition-weight cowhide or medium-weight Firenze leather. This vest is hand made, great looking, and a throwback to the waistcoats of a more formal time.
- Vest patterns are designed with very little chest ease - about 2 inches.
- These are very snug fitting - meant to be worn over a shirt
- skin. Natural waist ease is about 4in. A size 42 Vest measures 44 in the
- Chest and 41 in the waist. Back length on a size 42 is 22.5 inches.
- Back Lengths grade .25 each size- with a 1.25in. jump in length at size 48.
- Download the Fit Chart
We are currently compiling our list of testimonials. We should have these posted soon.