BLACK COMPETITION + ProPerf
- Extreme Vanson original Technical-Hardcore jacket
- Backpad optional - will accept optional backpad
- CE approved F.A.S. armor at shoulder + elbow
- H-D Cordura + Foam reinforced elbow shoulder + sleeve cap
- Strengthened kidney panel
- Side laces with black grommets
- Leather lined collar
- Snap-back mandarin collar
- Expandable leather movement panels
- 2 Interior zip-close secure wallet pockets
- Competition weight steerhide
- ProPerf chest back and arm panels
- STREAMLINER snaps for streamliner vest attachment
- Ventilated mesh lining
- Windtight low-bulk zip close sleeves
- Black snaps - all parts
- Leather windflap with license pocket
- Black oxidized metal zippers
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 04/29/2019
Back in May 2001 Mr. Andrew Webb, then one of our esteemed dealers in London, proposed the hitherto forbidden coupling of our technical SportRider jacket and the classic Vanson Hardcore.
In due course the fruit of this unnatural union emerged – and turned out surprisingly well, giving us – please excuse the originality of the name – what we now call the “Technical Hardcore Jacket,” or, in politer circles, VSHC. Still, dubious paternity aside, the jacket is really a very interesting design exercise. Of particular note is the center back panel, gracefully curving and arching up across the shoulders and perfectly meeting the sleeve outseams at the armholes.
Starting with a Technical Jacket, with chest, back and sleeve inlays of ProPerf leather for full ventilation, we added racing suit details: expander sections at the lower rear of the armholes, raw-edged sleeve ends, and wrist zippers with guards instead of gussets. From the Hardcore Jacket we took the strengthened kidney panel and adjustable side-laces, adding racing armbands in the bicep area of the sleeves.
We kept technical attributes from our SportRider jackets: Velcro-closed front waistband, armor capabilities, mesh lining (here with two zip-pockets), collar and windflap. Our patented F.A.S. (Floating Armor System) attaches armor to the shell. Shoulder and elbow armor is pre-installed; the back pad is optional. The three-way jacket-to-pants connection system is present, and this jacket will acccept the optional Vanson Streamliner Vest.
Result: a serious jacket for serious riders. Think The Terminator. Understated yet extremely substantial and functional....from its protective competition-weight cowhide to its anodized black metal zippers and snaps. Technically hardcore in every sense.
Thank you, Andrew!
- Size 42 Chest measurement 48.5 ----Ease 6.5 inches
- Nape of neck to wrist 34 inches
- Back Length to bottom of waistband 26 ----Front length 19
- Bottom waistband circumference is 43 inches.
- Side laces allow up to 2in. each side for a total of 4 inch adjustability.
- Stocked Sizes: 38..40..42..44..46..48
- Download the Fit Chart
We are currently compiling our list of testimonials. We should have these posted soon.