BLACK COMPETITION WEIGHT
- Design No. 6 (circa 1977) in the Vanson jacket family-tree
- Bi-Swing action back for greater movement
- Solid brass side buckles
- Shirt-style collar with hidden snaps
- Brass hardware
- 1 Interior lining open-top wallet pocket
- Black rayon lining
- Full leather inside facings
- STREAMLINER snaps for streamliner vest attachment
- Zip-in-zip-out pile lining
- 2 Zip-close chest pockets
- 2 Zip-close exterior hand pockets
- Underarm gusset for enhanced movement
- Windtight low-bulk zip close sleeves
- Leather windflap
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 04/29/2019
It was 1976 – the bicentennial year of the founding of the United States. At Vanson, from our loft rooftop, we could see the big sailing ships parading around Boston harbor. It was an election year to boot (Ford versus Carter).
There was plenty of energy in the air as we celebrated our second year in business. We wanted to make a uniquely styled jacket that could be worn anywhere. The objective was to keep it simple and elegant with a noticeably high-quality finish. That was the mission and the Vanson Model F jacket was the result. Over time the F has been widely accepted, achieving the status of a classic jacket. We still make it, just as we always have, carefully, one at a time, by hand, in our loft workshop.
- Size 42 ---Chest measures 48.5 inches -------Normal ease is 6.5 inches.
- Back length is 25.5 ..Front 22.5 ..Sleeves are 35.5 Nape of neck to Wrist.
- Bottom circumference sweep is 44 inches.
- These jackets are classic American fit and style:.
- Meant to fall between beltline and hips.
- Download the Fit Chart
We are currently compiling our list of testimonials. We should have these posted soon.