SNAP FRONT VEST
FIRENZE BLACK MEDIUM WEIGHT
- Snap front vest with lace up sides
- Side laces with brass grommets
- Black rayon lining
- 2 Front open hand pockets
- Black capped snaps with brass socket stud and post
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 07/02/2019
The first vest that Vanson ever made was a button-front Hippie-style vest - which turned out to be a great way to learn how not to build a vest.
These early vests had lumps at the shoulders where the front and back were joined together, and the linings and grommets looked as though the primary production tool was an Uzi. But this is how we all learn, by doing, and by realizing that there is a lot more to a “simple” vest than meets the eye.
Another enduring Vanson classic – our good-looking, beautifully-made Snap-Front Vest features two front pockets and lace-up sides for an adjustable fit. The VLS is meticulously hand-crafted with a man's formal dress construction in the way the backs and fronts are joined at the shoulder. Look closely and you’ll see that all the connection points are perfectly joined and top-stitched, open and flat for a low bulk, smooth fit over the shoulders. You’ll also see how the sides are turned and faced evenly – so the lining is smoothly set into the vest and the brass side-lacing grommets are neatly set away from the lining in two reinforced layers of leather. Rawhide laces give a cowboy flair and enable a perfectly snug fit. The two single-welted front pockets show the classic heritage of this vest. Available in either competition-weight cowhide or medium-weight Firenze leather. This is a dress vest gone riding and can be worn anywhere.
- Vest patterns are designed with very little chest ease - about 2 inches.
- These are very snug fitting - meant to be worn over a shirt
- skin. Natural waist ease is about 4. A size 42 Vest measures 44 in the
- Chest and 41 in the waist. Back length on a size 42 is 22.5 inches.
- Back Lengths grade .25 each size- with a 1.25in. jump in length at size 48.
- Lacing is incorporated at the side seams to allow girth increases of up to
- 2 inches each side ( up to 4 inches total ).
- Download the Fit Chart
We are currently compiling our list of testimonials. We should have these posted soon.