ARMORED VANSON ORIGINAL
BLACK COMPETITION WEIGHT
- Vanson original AR2 jacket w/ armor at elbow + shoulders
- Backpad optional - will accept optional backpad
- CE approved F.A.S. armor at shoulder + elbow
- Dipped back and kidney panel for secure windtight fit
- Full length action back
- Snap-back mandarin collar
- Brass hardware
- 1 Interior lining zip-close secure wallet pocket
- Competition weight steerhide
- Black rayon lining
- Full leather inside facings
- STREAMLINER snaps for streamliner vest attachment
- 1 Zip-close exterior chest pocket
- 2 Zip-close exterior hand pockets
- Built in underarm gusset for enhanced movement
- Windtight low-bulk zip close sleeves
- Leather windflap
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 07/02/2019
In 2012 we began to produce Vanson AR2 jackets with armor. This was such a successful update to the AR2 that we made it a style of its own and called it the AR3.
Taking all the great features of the AR2 as a base we added some room to the shoulders and the back, to allow backpad and shoulder-armor installation without compromising the flexible fit of the jacket. We built this jacket with wide, substantial inside leather facings for anchoring the inside pocket and keeping the lining away from any potential wear points. For greater wind protection without adding bulk and keeping a good collar height, we lined the collar with long-lasting rayon. Then, to allow the collar to either be fully sealed, or snapped open without anything loose flapping in the wind, we extended the collar and added snaps. We also started the front zipper a few inches up from the bottom so the jacket would splay out slightly, increasing comfort for the rider. Then we moved the wrist zippers to the inseam so that when elbow/forearm armor is installed there is no conflict with the top of the wrist zipper. For installing or adjusting the armor there is a zipper in the center back seam of the lining.
This update is just the latest in the 40 years since the Type A jacket family was first designed. To appreciate how years of firsthand riding experience, re-engineering and refinement lead to the AR3, you can read about the first Vanson leather motorcycle jacket here. Built to last for 40 years and beyond. Thats how we do it at Vanson.
- Size 42 ----Chest measures 46.5 --------Normal ease 4.5 inches
- Back Length 27 ......Front length 21 ...Nape of Neck to Wrist 35
- Bottom circumference sweep is 43 inches.
- AR3 - is the original Vanson jacket updated for Armor.
- This jacket has a full length action back
- great movement. The Back is cut longer than the front.
- N.B. The jacket is cut for longer torsos
- the jacket maybe too long - especially in the front.
- Download the Fit Chart
We are currently compiling our list of testimonials. We should have these posted soon.