Custom Jacket Measuring Guide Form
Make sure you follow ALL of the instructions in the Jacket Measuring Form
Take Your Measurements
• Never measure yourself. Get someone else to help you.
• For taking measurements, wear jeans that fit you comfortably but snugly
and a t-shirt. Empty contents of pockets. Pull up pants for snug fit. Remove belt.
• On measurements involving the waist or “VMD Waist” use Vanson
Measuring Device (see below). Another tape will also be required for measuring.
• Pull tape measure snug. DO NOT allow extra in your measurements.
HOW TO USE THE VANSON MEASURING DEVICE
• This device is designed to assist you in obtaining consistent mea- surements. This is of utmost importance in order for us to make your jacket fits as it should.
Use on measurements marked 6. • Secure the elastic belt part of the device around waist at navel. Make sure belt is parallel to ground.
• The elastic should be a snug fit so it does not move up and down easily when you rotate the tape or slide the tape slider buckle.
• You can now snap the tape to the tape slider buckle.
• Have someone run the tape over your body to the point you need to measure to, then write down the measurement.
• Rotate tape for other measurements that are from the same point. For other measure from points, slide tape slider buckle.