COBRA MK2 STAR SPORTRIDER
COMPETITION + PERF LEATHER
- Vanson Star SportRider motorcycle jacket with armor
- Leather Jacket with AirCurtain + RamAir ventilation
- Backpad optional - will accept optional backpad
- CE approved F.A.S. armor at shoulder + elbow
- Competition double leather at shoulders and elbows
- Adjustable Cobra waistband using velcro pull-through tabs
- Leather lined collar
- Snap-back mandarin collar
- 3-way zipper attachment system for Vanson jackets + pants
- 2 Open mesh lining pockets
- ProPerf and competition weight steerhide
- STREAMLINER snaps for streamliner vest attachment
- Ventilated mesh lining
- Long leather zipper-pull
- ID key fob embossed with garment unit-number for reference
- Windtight low-bulk zip close sleeves
- Black snaps - all parts
- Patented RamAir sleeve vent system
- Leather windflap with license pocket
- Black oxidized metal zippers
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 02/03/2020
Comfort + Innovation = Confidence + Concentration
= Safety + Speed
= No Compromises
You're a Millenial, you think everybody should get a star...No, wait, you're a real extrovert - you're confident, you want to be noticed - you're OK with delivery drones mistaking you for a waypoint. Here for you is a coat with a red star big enough to see from a spacecraft. It's a contemporary interpretation of the Star jacket, with all the functionality of the Cobra - ventilation from the air-curtain front and ram-air sleeves, armor-ready, with 3-zip attachment to pants, and an adjustable suede waistband. Naturally it accepts the Streamliner vest.
A 1960's-inspired supergraphic Vanson logo adds twist and shout to the classic flat-track symbol. And just like the label on a certain quality brand of Scotch, it'll annoy those who like everything in the straight and narrow.
The Cobra Star isn't all show and surface - there are subtle structural differences too - with the big star taking the place of the shoulder seam you get a suppler, more flexible fit, a jacket you can really move around in. And that in its turn just adds to your sense of confidence.
The conceptual design brief for this project has always been that the armor is to stay in the correct position, regardless of the attitude, altitude and speed of the rider. In practice this means that the garment has to fit properly (snugly) and not expand when, for example, vents are opened.
The armor has to be imperceptible to the rider, so that the rider can move; it has to have a little give, which is why we have the patented Floating Armor System. When the ventilation is activated the airflow mustn't distort the size and shape of the garment.
All these are lessons that come out of hard-won Road Race experience.
- Size 42 Chest measurement 47.5.... Ease 5.5 inches
- Nape of neck to wrist 34.5 inches
- Back Length to bottom of waistband 25 ....Front length 18.75
- Bottom waistband circumference is adjustable from 35 to 39 inches at sides.
- Floating armor in the Shoulders
- standard. Wrist zipper is on the inseam. 3-zip pants attachment system
- is also standard.
- pre-curved for the riding position. Front length may seem short when
- standing upright - but should fall just at top of legs when in the riding
- Download the Fit Chart
We are currently compiling our list of testimonials. We should have these posted soon.