BLACK COMPETITION WEIGHT
- 1940s Eisenhower-style leather jacket
- Casual relaxed fit walk about leather jacket
- Solid brass side buckles
- Shirt-style collar
- Zip front
- Brass hardware
- 1 Interior lining open-top wallet pocket
- 1 Interior lining zip-close secure wallet pocket
- Full leather inside facings
- Rayon-lined sleeves for easy wear comfort
- Red plaid cotton-blend lining
- 2 Flap-closed lower hand pockets
- 2 Front open hand pockets
- WW2 style flap pockets - with hidden snap flaps
- ID key fob embossed with garment unit-number for reference
- Windtight low-bulk zip close sleeves
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 02/03/2020
“I Like Ike” - that was Dwight D. Eisenhower's campaign slogan for 1956, in an election that also gave us Richard Milhouse Nixon as vice-president.
In the years after WW2 Eisenhower-cut jackets were all the rage. Reminiscent of the short no-nonsense campaign jacket worn by General Eisenhower, the IKE has a military look with its shirt-style collar and bomber-style cargo and hand pockets built into the front. Inside are both an interior open-lining pocket and a zip-close wallet pocket anchored to an inside-facing, comfortable rayon lining. Wrist zippers and adjustable side-buckles keep the fit snug and tapered. All the hardware is solid brass. Confident, legendary, sleek and dependable…the VANSON IKE jacket is vintage 1956.
- Size 42 - Chest measures 49 inches ...=... Normal ease is 7 inches.
- Back length is 26.5 ---Front 22.5 ----Sleeves are 37 Nape of neck to Wrist.
- Bottom circumference sweep is 46. Side belts allow jacket to be shaped and
- and drawn in. These jackets are classic American fit and style.
- Meant to fall between beltline and hips.
- Download the Fit Chart
As a long term rider and the owner of American Iron Magazine, the world's best selling Harley magazine, I get to test a lot of great riding gear.
One of my favorite leather jackets of all time is the Vanson Ike jacket I wore while riding my 1915 Harley across the US on the first Motorcycle Cannonball endurance ride. Stylish, well made and functional. What else could you ask for in a great leather jacket? Thanks Vanson for maintain high standards in your designs and manufacturing.
-- Buzz Kanter