BLACK COMPETITION WEIGHT
- Brando style leather motorcycle jacket
- Bad-Boy Rockers biker jacket with full belt
- Bi-Swing action back for greater movement
- Removable belt buckle - held by fold-over + snap
- Full belt
- Snap-close belt loops
- Shoulder epaulets with snaps
- Brass hardware
- 1 Interior lining open-top wallet pocket
- Competition weight steerhide
- Black quilt lining
- STREAMLINER snaps for streamliner vest attachment
- 3 Zip-close front pockets
- 1 Exterior snap-close cigarette pocket
- ID key fob embossed with garment unit-number for reference
- Windtight low-bulk zip close sleeves
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 02/03/2020
After the end of WW2, in about the time it takes to grow a proper boy scout, Marlon Brando and James Dean began to reflect the new generation rebelling against the establishment. Bikes, Hot Rods and Rock 'n' Roll made the scene.
When “The Wild Ones” came out in 1954 it was really art mirroring and magnifying an already trending life force... The War was over, jobs were plentiful, anything was possible and men who had spent years answering to military officers were now free and independent. One of the most defining statements of the time is when Mildred asks Johnny (Brando) "What are you rebelling against, Johnny?", and he answers "Whaddaya got?".
These feelings resonated across the Anglo-Saxon world, from Los Angeles to London. From American High School Hoodlum to English Rockers on their Cafe Racers “The Look” was cool.
The leather jackets shown in the movie became part of “The Look”.
From then on, whether “The Look” was banned from being worn at school (too disruptive), or worn as a fashion item with Punk Rock undertones, “The Look” had entered the pantheon of American culture.
- Size MED-(SZ 42 Chest measures 47 inches = NORM FIT (5 in. of chest ease)
- Back length is 24.5 - Front 21 - Sleeves are 35 Nape of neck to Wrist.
- Jacket is meant to cover the beltline.
- Bottom sweep circumference is 42 inches.
- Download the Fit Chart
We are currently compiling our list of testimonials. We should have these posted soon.