WOOL BLACK 24 oz.
- 4 Zip pocket front + original Vanson V logo - right sleeve
- Side tabs with snaps
- Side zippers for waist-fit adjustability
- Snap-back mandarin collar
- Chrome hardware
- 2 Interior open-top wallet pockets
- Rayon-lined sleeves for easy wear comfort
- Red plaid cotton-blend lining
- 1 Zip-close exterior chest pocket
- 2 Zip-close exterior hand pockets
- Zip-close ignition key pocket on left sleeve
- Windtight low-bulk zip close sleeves
- Underarm ventilation grommets
- Two-way main zipper for comfort
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 07/02/2019
Straight out of the newspaper pages of the day, Brighton Pier is mobbed by Mods and Rockers, and a m ensues. The Vanson BRIGHTON JACKET is like a snapshot, catching that moment in time.
Rockers wore T-shirts and heavy leather jackets. Mods wore mostly slender textile jackets and thin ties. Rockers rode big bikes, BSAs, Triumphs, Nortons... while Mods ran scooters, Vespa, Lambretta... and, with affordable transistor radios flooding in from Japan, some old ships were being retrofitted with tall masts to become legendary pirate radio broadcasters. That was England in the early '60s. In the states, the British Invasion was just beginning.
Here we are 55 years on, with our commingled culture descended from those famous/infamous times, and here to memorialize those days is the Vanson BRIGHTON JACKET.
There are two leather side-gussets with snap tabs and a two-way center front zipper to help fit the jacket to the rider on the bike. The left sleeve has a zip-close ignition key pocket, while inside there are two deep wallet pockets built integrally into the full facings. A high-capacity chest pocket and two lower front hand pockets are all closed by zippers for security. The wrists are also secured by zippers backed by leather gussets.
From back-in-the-day to today, the BRIGHTON JACKET pedigree shows in its history and the details of construction and finishing. Imagine yourself, buzzing down Oxford Street, Kings Road or whipping through Sloane Square... wearing a Vanson BRIGHTON JACKET with a smile on your face and bugs in your teeth!
- Size MED-(SZ 41) Chest measures 42.5 =CONTINENTAL FIT (1.5 of chest ease)
- Back length is 25.5 - Front 22 - Sleeves are 33.5 Nape of neck to Wrist
- EXTREME CONTINENTAL FIT
- Jacket is meant to cover the beltline.
- Bottom circumference sweep is 38 with 3 inches of adjustability up to 41
- Download the Fit Chart
We are currently compiling our list of testimonials. We should have these posted soon.