FIRE SUIT TWO-ZIP FRONT SFI1
BLACK WOVEN CARBON-X OUTER
- Textile car driver fire suit
- SFI1 Single-Layer Twin-Zip one-piece Race Car Driver Suit
- Half belts stitched in at sides
- Expander section at back for ease of movement
- VANSON embroidered on collar
- VANSON embroidered on epaulets
- Daytona style epaulets (to assist in emergency exit)
- Fire retardant Brass + Nomex zippers
- Fire Retardant velcro
- Nomex knit cuffs at wrists and ankles
- Nomex thread
- SFI certification patch on left sleeve
- Tall Sizes - extra length Legs Body + Sleeves available
- Twin front zippers design
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 02/03/2020
VANSON RACE-CAR SUITS
CAR-FD01: single layer, SFI1 rating
Here is an auto racing suit in the double-zip-front style Vanson has been making for motorcycle racers for over 20 years. We offer you 3 dimensions of comfort.
This design makes the driving suits exceptionally easy to put on, so if you're preparing for the 24 Hours of Le Mans or the 24 milliseconds you hope it'll take you to hurtle down the dragstrip (…or anything in between, whether it be squeezing into the tight interior of your precious vintage Lola at Barber or spending some quality time with the Good-Old-Boys turning Left (ed: shouldn't that be Hard Right??) on an oval…) you'll be comfortable for the race.
Both the Carbon-X Material, which forms the single layer of the FD01, and the DJ-77*, used for the inner layer of the FD05, have considerable stretch. And - in contrast to conventional FR (Fire Retardant) materials - they breathe creating superior fire suits.
While racing you need to be undistracted and, as Dale ¼ly puts it, comfortable when you're in the office.
For some 40 years Vanson has been the technology leader in motorcycle racing suits - a sport which demands serious upper body strength and freedom of movement. Our unique triangular pivot armhole gives you that freedom, while the twin-zip-front design, used for over 20 years in our motorcycle racing suits, gives you a comfortable fitted front when sitting. You'll be comfortable, and comfortable translates into concentration, which equals safety and speed…which is the winning combination.
You'll be comfortable - er - let's just say relatively comfortable - even if things end up in the soup. Our Carbon-X Driving Suits material has in tests proven to have a considerably higher LOI (Limiting Oxygen Index) than conventional FPR. Not only that - it has another unusual and very helpful property: expanding when exposed to intense heat or flame. This means that at normal temperatures the fabric is highly breathable…but play a flame over it and the surface fibers will expand and effectively skin over…leaving an insulating layer underneath, keeping both hot gas and radiant heat away from your skin.
While the FD01 consists of a single layer of Carbon-X the FD05 adds an inner layer of DJ-77, quilted to the Carbon-X to avoid air pockets. (The DJ-77 is the material we use for the inner insulating layer in our top-fuel motorcycle drag-race suits).
All suits feature Daytona-style epaulets, to help extract a driver in an emergency, while another reason to choose a double-zip-front suit is that the potentially sharp zipper teeth are kept away from your neck.
While we didn't have formal social occasions (at least not in this galaxy) in mind when we designed them, these suits are (even we have to admit it) in their own minimal, understated, futuristic way quite stylish.
* DJ-77 is a skin-soft double-jersey interlock knit Fire Resistant fabric
- 2" CHEST GRADE SLOPER SIZE 44 CHEST MEASURES 48 (4.00 chest ease)
- .............................. WAIST MEASURES438.5 63.00 waist ease)
- .................................HIP MEASURES 45.5 (4.00 hip ease)
- NAPE OF NECK TO WRIST GRADE
- TOTAL TORSO GRADE 1.00 SLOPER 44 MEASURES 66.50
- INSEAM GRADE .25 SLOPER 44 MEASURES 34
- CROTCH TO MIDKNEE GRADE .13 SLOPER 44 MEASURES 14
- Download the Fit Chart
We are currently compiling our list of testimonials. We should have these posted soon.